There are just so many deep philosophical questions out there that may never be answered. What is truth? What is reality? How do I throw a decent Oscar Party? We may be able to help you with that last one. Actually, the first two as well. The 89th Academy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, airs LIVE Oscar Sunday, February 26 7e|4p on ABC. That’s the truth. That’s the reality. Now here are 7 ways you can throw the best Oscar Party ever. Start preparing your acceptance speech for Best Oscar Party Host 2017 and check out the full list of nominations for the 2017 Oscars!
1. Invite Lots of Friends: Life gets busy. That’s why a big event like Oscar Sunday is the perfect opportunity to see all those friends whose posts you’ve “liked” from afar live and in person. Mixing in different social groups is a cool way to introduce strangers to each other. They already have something in common: You! Check out The Oscars Online Invitations Collection to announce you party in style. It’s all free! Bottom line, it’s always fun to see old pals, even those with whom your relationship may have been a little Rocky.
2. Take the Oscars Challenge: Yes, this is a shameless, unapologetic push for you to play our Official Oscars Challenge, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a totally fun idea. You’ve likely already done something like this at past parties, so this year make it official!
3. Dress to Impress: There’s no need to go to Red Carpet extremes, but it might be fun to get all gussied up like the stars for just one night. You can even roll out your own red carpet on the front porch (weather permitting). Better yet, dress up like one of your all-time favorite movie characters. Just make sure everyone doesn’t come as Minions.
4. Have a Feast of Food: Don’t go breaking the bank on this one. Do a potluck thing. Your friends will jump at the chance to impress others with their keen cuisines. Make it worth their while by offering awards for Best Appetizer, Best Libation, Best Entrée and Best Dessert! Here’s a few star worthy recipes from ABC’s The Chew you got to try: Oscar Party Popcorn, Oscar Cupcake Centerpieces, and Star Chips and Guacamole.
5. Award Your Own Oscar Statuettes: You can get little plastic ones by the bagful at your local party store. Hand them out as parting gifts as your guests start filing out after the Best Picture is announced. We guarantee they’ll place it on the mantle at their own home for a little while at least. Your party will still be on their minds long after it’s over.
6. Decorate the Place: Cover your walls with the official movie poster for every Best Picture Winner since 1928. Okay, that’s a little too much. Streamers and balloons will work, too. Again, consider doing the Red Carpet thing on the porch. Your guests will be impressed before they even walk through the front door.
7. Watch the Oscars Live: It’s the reason you’re all there, right? Enjoy the show, but more importantly, enjoy the company, food and fun!
You now have 7 ideas on how to throw a super Oscar Party. We’re sure you’ll come up with many more on your own. That’s why we can wait to be invited to your big bash. Off to get sized for a tux now!
The 89th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, February 26, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network at 7:00 p.m. EST/4:00 p.m. PST. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.